Monday, September 24, 2012

PCT Section A in April 2013

Plans are afoot to hike Section A of the Pacific Crest Trail next April!  Section A is 110.6 miles from Campo to Warner Springs.  SOMEDAY I will hike the whole thing from Mexico to Canada but, for now, sections will have to do.  I can't very well announce to my boss that I need 6 months off to walk 2600 miles so I will consider doing these sections as my preparation and consolation for the big SOMEDAY.  I have timed it for April, because I want to be out there when most of the thru-hikers start their journey- so I can rub elbows and ask questions about thru-hiking!

We still have a few major items we need to get, namely Dennis' backpack- just a minor detail!  Once we get that, we can actually go on little overnight practice sessions. 

I'm super excited and very scared!

Section A Map:

Halfmile's PCT Maps





Section A Elevation Gain/Loss:



No comments: