Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! 

I have been SO sick for about 3 weeks now.  It started as a bronchial infection and then went to my sinuses.  I went to the doctor twice and they finally put me on Augmentin.  I am still congested but at least it's not green anymore- EW.  Very fatigued also.  Needless to say, I have done NOTHING hiking-wise since we got back from Oregon.  It's a little depressing.

Dennis' work is closing down so he had to find another job which he did!  He starts at Quickplay Media this Monday:  http://www.quickplay.com/  This may put a kink in our 110 mile walk on the PCT scheduled in April.  I'm not sure if he will be able to take a vacation that soon.  I've thought about doing it by myself but that's a scary thought, isn't it?  I did finally order him a backpack.  It's the Gregory Baltoro and it was on sale:  http://www.rei.com/product/809320/gregory-baltoro-65-pack  I didn't get it at REI- I got it at Sunny Sports because they were $100 cheaper.

I've got a couple of hikes planned for later this month.  Hopefully my sinuses will cooperate and I can actually follow-through on them!  That elusive full moon hike is still on my list.  The next full moon is January 27.  I also have an overnight backpack on the books for January 19 in the Anza Borrego Desert.  We shall see!



No comments: