Saturday, May 18, 2013

PCT: Boulder Oaks to Kitchen Creek Road

Dennis and I hiked 8 miles round-trip on the PCT from Boulder Oaks to Kitchen Creek Road today.  It took 3.5 hours which is a super time for us (or rather for me since Dennis can hike way faster).  We had just perfect weather - couldn't ask for anything better!  We passed a meet-up group that was looking for kitchen creek falls and I assured them they were headed in the right direction.  The "falls" are actually just a trickle over a few rocks.  Not that exciting but on a hot day, very pleasant.  We saw lots of pretty flowers, some weird and crazy bugs, some beautiful bugs, and a snake!  I believe it was a racer snake.  No rattlers!

The last time I hiked this I had a 27 pound backpack on and boy what a difference without the pack!  It seemed so easy!

Got some good pictures again.  Enjoy!
























No comments: