Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fire!




You may remember that I'll be doing a solo backpack up Mt. San Jacinto in a couple of weeks.  Well, that area is currently on fire!  The fire covers an area of about 23,000 acres and evacuations are in progress in Idyllwild.  The Pacific Crest Trail is closed up to Saddle Junction, which happens to be right where I need to walk through!  Temperatures in that area are in the high 90's with very low humidity and they expect high temps through the weekend.  Looks like 7 houses have burned down and it's only 15% contained.  Hopefully the wind will keep pushing it east toward the desert.  Hope everyone stays safe! Yikes!

I'll be keeping my eye on it because it could potentially affect my trip.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-as-mountain-fire-20130718,0,639278.story

No comments: