Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Meager Update

I have been remiss in updating my blog.  A couple of backpacking trips have occurred since my last update but I haven't been able to get my thoughts together enough to write about them. 

Nancy, Carolen, Ingrid and I did the first 43 miles of PCT Section B.  We had warm weather, long days of walking, camping amongst boulders and in a wash, scary water rationing that I don't wish to repeat, and a cougar growled at us.  Yes, it was quite an adventure!

Nancy, Ingrid and I also did a backpack up Villager Peak in the desert.  It ranks on the top of my list as least favorite.  No real discernible trail, unending uphill, 9 liter water carry, and hotter than the hinges of Hades.  That was one stupid hike.

We leave next week for Grand Canyon and will be walking from the South Rim to North Rim and back again - about 50ish miles.

Motivational Corner
It does not matter how slow you go as long as you do not stop.
-Confucious



No comments: