Sunday, June 9, 2013

Calavera

Dennis came with me on a meet-up group hike for the first time.  He worked graveyard and then came straight with me to hike.  What a trooper!  I think he liked it okay.

There was a crap ton of people at this one!  Ed said this was not a hike to lollygag on because it would be easy to get lost.  How right he was!  This trail wound in and out of the hills, through deep chapparel, with shoot-off trails everywhere.  We had no problem keeping up and we ended up doing 6.83 miles in 2 hours 54 minutes.  Nice pace.  I didn't get pictures of all the little flowers I wanted to because I didn't want to lose the group.  This trail also had the most poison oak I have seen in many many years.  I was careful and hopefully didn't brush up against any!

In other news, I sent off for another permit for Mt. San Jacinto. I'm shooting for sometime in August.  Solo.

Next outings up are a Father's Day hike at Bucaneer Beach, camping/hiking at Mt. Laguna with my friend Diana, my daughter Simone, and her friend Michelle.  Then camping/hiking at William  Heise with Dennis and Simone the following week!

Living' the dream, baby!

Enjoy some pictures-

25 hikers at least!



One of the several teeny tiny creek crossings.









Dennis getting his funny on :-)



Forest of poison oak!



We saw horses!



Interesting memorial to a biker that died.








No comments: