Saturday, June 15, 2013

Impromptu Iron Mountain

Dennis wanted to hike Iron Mountain this morning when he got off work so I said Let's Do It!  We had a little bit of marine layer in the beginning but it quickly burned off.  There was a crap ton of people out this morning- winding their way up the switchbacks like little ants.  I started singing Bob Marley's song Exodus: Movement of Jah people!  That's what I think of whenever there are mass amounts of people all moving in one direction.  Dennis was in fine form today and has resumed his speedster status.  Lots of pretty flowers blooming too.  Lovely hike in perfect weather.  5.5 miles in 2 hours and 45 minutes. 

Tomorrow we have a Father's Day meet-up group hike in Oceanside and then after we are going to eat at Chicken Feet Buffet (Chinese buffet that I don't actually know the name of so I call it Chicken Feet Buffet because they have chicken feet you can eat).

Enjoy some pictures!





















No comments: