Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's All About Posting!

Posting, as in the horse riding type of posting!  I went out to Rocksanne's again to practice my fledgling horse skills this morning.  It was all about posting, trying to get in the rhythm, and getting the correct leg and feet position.  Squeeze those legs!  There were times that I felt like I got a good motion going- a few steps and sometimes the length of the corral.  But then I would get out of sync and jostle all over the place.  I practiced "Two-Point" the most because it was easier to get in the groove.  You lean forward and squeeze those legs and post from that position.  I loved hearing Rocksanne call out "Good Tina, Good Tina!" 

We switched out and I got on Jaz.  She scares me more because she's taller and has a  harder gait so the posting hurts more.  I tried posting some on her but mainly just walked.  The dogs were picking grapes (yes, you read that right- the dogs pick the grapes and sit by the corral and eat them!)  and it must have spooked Jaz because she started flailing about and I nearly flew off.  I thought "Here we go- I'm going to dive face first and break all my teeth out of my head or get trampled."  I heard Rocksanne in the background yelling "Sit back!  Sit back!"  So I did.  Still took me awhile to get control and stop her though.  That was a good learning experience.

I have a long way to go but Rocksanne is an excellent teacher!

I don't know why but I always have to talk about the temperature too.  It was significantly cooler today than it has been.  Autumn is upon us!  59 degrees to start and 72 to end.  And then what?  Well, I got a Slurpee, that's what!

















No comments: