Saturday, September 7, 2013

Penasquitos

I went out to Penasquitos for an easy 4.5 mile hike this morning.  Didn't want to bite off more than I could chew with the heat and being by myself.  Pretty standard hike, nothing exciting.  I noticed the bikers out today had very good etiquette.  Every single one called out behind me "Bike!" or "On your left!"  Some had bells they rang so I would know to step aside.  Sometimes I go out to this trail and the bikers don't give any warning as they speed up behind me and I end up jumping to the side at the last minute.  No problems today.  It's also spider season down here in SoCal which means you have to be careful not to face plant yourself right into a web spanning the trail.  I have done it many times.  I have also face planted into webs that have huge spiders in them.  I do a nice scream and dance for those.  EEK!  We have some pretty gnarly looking spiders here.  No face plants today thank goodness.

After I showered up, I took myself down to Carl's Jr. and had a low carb burger and diet Dr. Pepper.  It ran right through me too.  I went to Food-4-Less to grocery shop right after I ate, and had an emergency pooping situation.  LOL!  I was doubled over in the produce section.  The bathroom happens to be on the opposite side of the store from produce so, when I could, I started careening down the aisles, pinging my cart off the end-of-aisle displays.  In my mind I was screaming "Make way, make way!  Pooping emergency!"  I made it to the bathroom and didn't poop my pants.  Phew.

4.5 miles in 1 hour, 53 minutes.  73 degrees to start and 81 at end.

Enjoy some pictures!



























No comments: