Sunday, February 26, 2017

Lola Hikes the Icy Mountain

My children's book has been published!  Woot woot!  So exciting!  Ebook, paperback and hard cover copies available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble! 

If you don't know the back story to this book, here it is:

Last summer I thru-hiked the Wonderland Trail, which is a 93 mile trail around Mt. Rainier.  I hiked on behalf of the American Diabetes Association and raised a couple grand for that cause.  I have several relatives with diabetes, including myself.  I consider myself to be a Diabetic Athlete.  When I completed the trail, I called home to check in, and my 3-year old grandson, Little Kahuna, got on the phone and asked, "Lola, are you hiking the icy mountain?"  My grandkids call me Lola instead of Grandma.  Anyway, his question sparked something in me and I knew I had to write a book for him with that as the title.  And here we are!  He is a source of constant joy and inspiration and this book is dedicated to him. 

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Lola-Hikes-Mountain-Tina-Fernando/dp/1524656097/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488141665&sr=8-1&keywords=lola+hikes+the+icy+mountain

Barnes and Noble:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lola-hikes-the-icy-mountain-tina-fernando/1125793085?ean=9781524656089


No comments: