Sunday, September 3, 2017

Tahoe Rim Trail Day 8

Barker Pass to Tahoe City- 16 miles

Nancy let me know last night that she is permanently off trail so I will continue on my own. 

Barker Pass to Tahoe City was very uneventful.  I walked through lots of forest and walked on a fair amount of jeep roads.  The jeep roads were very uninteresting.  There were still good water sources in this section so I was able to filter as needed.

I saw 4 mountain bikers all day and that was it.  I am really not seeing very many people.  Where are all the thru-hikers?

I'm super tired but feel really good.  So far I have not been sore at all which is pretty amazing.  My feet hurt and are swollen but that's a given.  I have one little blister on my heel from walking in wet socks up Dick's Pass.

There is construction around the parking lot in Tahoe City and the trail gets rerouted onto a paved bike path.  It pops me out onto the freeway and Dennis picks me up.  Since Nancy is off trail, Dennis will shuttle me to the trailheads every day so I have only the essentials to carry and don't have to pack overnight gear.  This means I will get a shower and a hamburger every day!  Silver linings.

Photos can be found on my Instagram @tinahikes

Author of Lola Hikes the Icy Mountain
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Lola-Hikes-Mountain-Tina-Fernando/dp/1524656089/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491443809&sr=8-1&keywords=lola+hikes+the+icy+mountain
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lola-hikes-the-icy-mountain-tina-fernando/1125793085?ean=9781524656089

Crazy Compression: 45% off code CCA-TFernando   www.crazycompression.com

No comments: