Sunday, September 3, 2017

Tahoe Rim Trail Day 2

Edgewood Creek to 1 mile short of Star Lake- 11 miles

I woke up definitely knowing I was getting a sinus infection.  SHIT.  What is the deal with these sinus infections?  The good thing about the TRT is there is cell service around most of the lake (with the exception of Desolation Wilderness).  I was able to communicate with Dennis what was going on.  I planned to call my doctor when they opened at 8am to see what could be done.  By the time I took a break to make the call, Dennis informed me he had already called my nurse practitioner, Steven, and he would have Augmentin for me by the time I got to the Kingsbury South trailhead! What! WOW!  Steven knew I was on trail and my sinus infection history so he was quick to respond.  I didn't want to go into Desolation Wilderness being sick since there would be no trailhead access for a few days.

Nancy's stomach issues were progressively worse and she wasn't able to eat much of anything.  Her energy was waning with very few incoming calories.

We ran across another thru-hiker who I called Slow Lady with Dog.  I called her Slow Lady not only because she walked slow but she talked slow too like she was stoned all the time.  Her dog's name was Hazel.  Funny how I know the dog's name but not her name.  She was also eating a good looking sandwich, maybe from Subway.

Our planned destination was Star Lake but we ended up making camp 1 mile short.  We had a nice little stream and relaxed while the sun set over Lake Tahoe.

 Photos can be found on my Instagram @tinahikes

Author of Lola Hikes the Icy Mountain
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Lola-Hikes-Mountain-Tina-Fernando/dp/1524656089/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491443809&sr=8-1&keywords=lola+hikes+the+icy+mountain
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lola-hikes-the-icy-mountain-tina-fernando/1125793085?ean=9781524656089

Crazy Compression: 45% off code CCA-TFernando   www.crazycompression.com

No comments: